How to apply for a Dubai visa online: Costs and Requirementsby | October 6, 2023
Dubai is an emirate part of the seven United Arab Emirates. Its capital shares the name of the emirate: Dubai. It’s the one with the biggest population and it’s divided in four regions: Jebel Ali, Jumeirah, Hatta and Dubai.
But what documents do you need to be able to enter Dubai and the United Arab Emirates? Is there a specific requirement for Dubai? Here you will discover all the visa requirements for traveling and how to get a Dubai transit visa or a Dubai visa online.
Who needs a Dubai eVisa?
First of all, it’s important to note that there’s no Dubai transit visa nor Dubai eVisa: to visit Dubai you need an UAE visa.
There are several different kinds of visas available to enter the Emirates. They are:
- The tourist online visa (eVisa). It’s a single-entry visa. The time allowed in the country is 30 or 60 days depending on the traveler’s nationality.
- The multiple-entry tourist eVisa. It’s valid for 60 days after being issued and, during that time, you can enter and leave the country as many times as you like. Each stay has to be of 30 days or less.
- Transit visa. It’s applied for online and it can be for 2 or 4 days.
Citizens of the US and UK don’t need to apply for a Dubai e visa: they can get a tourist visa for free on arrival. They are valid for 30 days.
Some nationalities can also get a multiple-entry visa for the United Arab Emirates. They’re free and last for 90 days.
Lastly, if a citizen of Kuwait, Oman, Bahrain or Saudi Arabia needs to visit the UAE, they can do it with just their passport. Other nationalities can check their visa eligibility here.
How to get a Dubai visa
The requisites for how to apply for a visa for Dubai, the same for the UAE visas, depend on the type of travel authorization you need.
To apply for a tourist visa you need:
- Filled application form
- A passport-sized color photograph with a white background
- A color copy of the applicant’s passport. It needs to have a validity of at least 6 months after arrival in Dubai.
- Debit or credit card to pay the fees
- Current email to receive the approved visa
If you wish to apply for a Dubai transit visa, on top of all previous requisites, you also need a plane ticket that shows your final destination.
There are also specific requirements for children under 18 years old:
- Photograph of the parents or legal guardians
- Copy of the visa of at least one parent/legal guardian
- They have to travel accompanied by their parents or legal guardians
What’s the cost of the Dubai e visa?
The cost of the fees changes according to which e Visa for Dubai (or visa for the United Arab Emirates) you need.
The cost to apply for a Dubai visa online can be:
- Transit visa for 48 hs: no fees
- Transit visa for 96 hs: €39
- Single-entry tourist eVisa: €134