How to get visa for United Arab Emiratesby Juan José Herranz | March 25, 2022
- 1. Do I need a visa to travel to the United Arab Emirates?
- 2. Visa types
- 3. How to apply for an eVisa for the UAE?
- 4. Who needs a visa for the United Arab Emirates?
- 5. What are the requirements to apply for a Travel visa to the United Arab Emirates?
- 6. Can the United Arab Emirates visa be changed once it has been processed?
- 7. How much does the United Arab Emirates visa cost?
- 8. How far in advance do I have to apply for the United Arab Emirates visa?
- 9. What are the entry borders to the United Arab Emirates?
The United Arab Emirates is a country composed of 7 emirates. Although Dubai is the most touristic one, Abu Dhabi is the capital of the country and the richest emirate of the 7, due to the fact that it has the largest amount of oil and gas.
With an area of almost 100,000 square kilometers and a population of more than 9 million inhabitants, the United Arab Emirates is the country with the most immigrants in the world. It is estimated that almost 90% of its inhabitants are not Emirati.
Do I need a visa to travel to the United Arab Emirates?
Depending on your nationality, you will need to apply for a visa or not:
- Free tourist visas are available upon arrival in the country. These visas allow a maximum stay of 30 days and are for the citizens of the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
- There are also free 90-day multiple-entry tourist visas for citizens of various nationalities, including most European countries.
- Citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia only need a passport to travel to the emirates.
- All other citizens of the world must apply for an electronic tourist or transit visa to travel to the country.
To travel to the United Arab Emirates for transit, tourism or visiting a friend/relative, you must apply for a tourist visa if your nationality requires it. The visas available are:
Transit e-visa for 48 hours
This electronic visa is valid during 14 days from the date of approval. It only allows you to stay in the country for 2 days. This e-visa allows you to transit through any border of the Emirati country.
Transit e-Visa for 96 hours
This e-visa is valid during 30 days after approval. It allows you to stay in the country for 4 days.
Electronic Tourist Visa
This electronic visa is valid for 60 days from issuance. It allows a single stay of 30 or 60 days, depending on the applicant's nationality. This visa allows access to the country through any of its borders.
Multiple-entry tourist e-visa
This is a multiple-entry electronic visa, valid for 60 days from issuance. You can stay each time for a maximum of 30 continuous days, but during its validity, you can enter and leave the country as many times as you need. This visa allows you to enter the country through any of its borders.
Long-stay tourist visa
This electronic visa is valid for 60 days from the date of approval. Once in the country, your stay cannot exceed 90 days. This visa is a single entry visa, if you leave the country before the end of the visa term, you will not be able to re-enter. If you wish to return, you must apply for a new visa.
Multi-entry long-stay tourist visa
This multi-entry electronic visa is valid for 60 days from the date of approval. Once in the country, the e-visa is valid for 90 days, which you may use continuously or discontinuously during its validity period. During the 90 days of validity you can enter and leave the United Arab Emirates as many times as you need.
Tourist visa on arrival
This tourist visa is processed on arrival at the airport of the United Arab Emirates to which you are travelling to. It allows you a maximum stay in the country of 30 days and is a single entry visa. Please note that not all nationalities can apply for this visa on arrival, so you should check if your nationality is eligible for this visa.
How to apply for an eVisa for the UAE?
To travel to the United Arab Emirates, it is required to have medical insurance, which will be included when you apply for the UAE Visa online.
Who needs a visa for the United Arab Emirates?
All foreign nationals wishing to travel to the United Arab Emirates must apply for an entry visa. Some nationalities can apply upon arrival at the airport at the immigration office. All nationalities can apply for an electronic tourist visa online.
What are the requirements to apply for a Travel visa to the United Arab Emirates?
Requirements to process an e-visa
- Completed application form.
- 6x6cm color photograph with white background.
- Coloured copy of your passport showing all information and with a validity for at least six months after the arrival to the country.
- Bank card to make the payment of the corresponding fees.
- E-mail to receive your electronic visa.
Additional requirements to process a transit visa
- Airline ticket confirming the final destination of your trip.
Requirements for minors under 18 years of age
- Photo identification of parents or legal guardians.
- Copy of the tourist visa of one of the parents or parent.
- Children under 18 years of age or students must travel with their parents.
- Only mechanic readable passports will be accepted.
Can the United Arab Emirates visa be changed once it has been processed?
No, once the UAE e-visa has been processed, it is not possible to make changes.
How much does the United Arab Emirates visa cost?
Depending on the type of visa we require, the cost will vary:
- Transit visa for 48 hours: no fees
- Transit visa for 96 hours €39
- Tourist visa for 30 days and single entry €135.
How far in advance do I have to apply for the United Arab Emirates visa?
You must apply for our visa at least 48 working hours in advance.
What are the entry borders to the United Arab Emirates?
The United Arab Emirates has land borders with Saudi Arabia and Oman. To the north is the Persian Gulf, and to the east is the Gulf of Oman.