All about the ETA Kenya: the new visa waiver for Kenyaby | January 11, 2024
Kenya is a world-renowned country for tourism. And this fame comes as no surprise. Going on a safari Kenya, talking to the Masai in Kenya, visiting natural parks like the national reserve of Samburu and climbing Mount Kenya are just some of the best things to do in Kenya.
Kenya is implementing a new visa waiver for all those tourists that want to travel to the country. From now on the majority of travelers will have to fill, submit and get approved an Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA).
Requirements to apply for ETA Kenya
- For all foreign nationals. All tourists, regardless of nationality, can enter Kenya without a traditional visa for tourism or business.
- You can stay for up to 90 days in Kenya with the new ETA Kenya. This travel authorization is only valid for one trip. You will need a new ETA each time you want to visit Kenya.
- The ETA must be obtained prior to the trip and can be done fully online. The Kenya ETA costs USD 34,09.
- Exempt nationalities: East African Community nationals don’t need to get the ETA. These are citizens from Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda; and eventually will include the Democratic Republic of Congo and Somalia, when their applications to join the EAC are ratified. These citizens only need to present their passport or relevant travel document to enter Kenya.
Required documents to apply for the Kenya ETA
All tourists will need at least the following documents to get an ETA:
- A valid passport. The passport must be valid for at least six months after the date of arrival into Kenya and have at least one blank page.
- Accommodation booking confirmation(s).
- Other personal information.
- Some travelers may need to present proof of their financial assets and proof of scheduled exit, among other documents.
Additionally, business travelers must present an invitation letter from the inviting company and a copy of the company’s government registration document.
How can I get the ETA Kenya?
You can easily get the ETA Kenya through Visagov. Visagov’s experts on visa and travel authorization processing procedures will assist you all along the way. You will only need to submit the online application form for the ETA Kenya, pay the processing fees and await for its approval.
After you receive your ETA, you will need to print it out and present it to immigration officers on arrival. You can expect to receive your ETA Kenya in 72 hours.
Remember, although it is a pretty straightforward application, you will need to apply for the Kenya ETA at least 3-5 days before the trip. This timeframe will enable our experts to rectify any errors that may arise or to complete any missing information.